Terms of reference
- The Francophone Committee will raise awareness and sensitize members to the reality, concerns and issues faced by Francophones of the Union of National Employees, specifically:
- recognition and respect of the constitutional rights of the Canadian Francophonie (Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, sections 16 to 20)
- the language rights of individuals (Official Languages Act)
- the respect, defense and advancement of the French language in the activities of UNE.
- In addition, the Francophone Committee will name one of its members to represent it on the steering committees of each national conference and the Convention Steering Committee. The Committee will formulate recommendations and policies on issues affecting UNE Francophones and will submit them to the National Executive.
- A member in good standing of UNE may attend meetings of the Committee as an observer. All expenses incurred by observers attending a meeting are the responsibility of the individual observer or their local. Prior approval must be sought from the Committee Chair.
- Should the Committee Chair be absent from the executive meeting, the committee members will decide amongst themselves who will present the report of the committee.
- Quorum for the committee is 50 percent of established committee members.